Phoenix International Logistics (‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’) cares about the privacy, security and online safety of our clients’ and stakeholders’ (‘you’ and ‘your’) personal information. We take our responsibility to protect your personal information very seriously. This notice sets out how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information, as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA). Using our services and any disagreements about your privacy are subject
to this notice.
As our business grows and changes, we may need to update this notice to reflect those changes. If changes affect you personally, we will endeavour to contact you directly because it is important to us that you understand at all times how your personal information is used. Please make sure that we always have your latest contact details.
To help you understand this notice, we include the explanations of the terms ‘personal information’ and ‘process’ as used in POPIA:
- Personal information and special personal information are any information relating to an identifiable living or juristic person. Some examples are: race, gender, marital status, nationality, age, physical or mental health, disability, language, education, identity number, telephone number, email, postal or street address, biometric information and financial, criminal or employment history.
- Process means any operation or activity, whether automated or not, concerning personal information, including: collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation, use, dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form, merging, linking, as well as blocking, degradation, erasure or destruction of information. “Processing” will have a similar meaning.
Processing Your Personal Information
We have to process some of your personal information in order to provide you with our services, and also, as required by taxation and other legislation. For example: When you require the use of our services, we will collect your name, contact information, company details and payment information to complete the transaction. Your personal information is also gathered through our website and other channels we use to distribute, communicate and deliver our services. We use your personal information in order to do the following:
- identify you;
- process your requests or instructions;
- manage your account;
- follow the laws of South Africa;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- for audit and record-keeping purposes; to conduct credit reference searches or verification, only if you authorise this;
- and to offer other services to you
Because of the nature of our business, we often use third parties like our service providers and administrators who in turn process your personal information.
Sharing Your Personal Information
In order to provide our services to you, we may share your personal information with our insurers, industry bodies, credit agencies and our service providers.
These are some examples of when we will share your personal information:
- When required by any regulatory authority, such as The Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).
- When required by legislation or any legal process.
- To protect and defend our rights and property.
- When you have given us direct permission to do so.
We will never sell your personal information or share it with other parties for their own marketing use, unless you have given us direct permission.
We may need to share your personal information and/or utilise software or online platforms to enter and process your information for an application, claims, or internal management purposes. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
Some Information Is Automatically Collected
When you use any of our digital channels, like websites, we receive and store information generated by your activities (usage data gathered by cookies) and other information that are automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. Most of this data is generally not personally identifiable. However, some of this data, either alone or when linked with other information, may allow your identity to be discovered. We treat this combined data as personal information and we protect it accordingly.
- Cookies are small text files that are created when you view a website. They gather usage data which includes information about the sites you visited, the number of times you visit, the date, time and length of your visit and which areas of the site you visited.
- Other information automatically collected may include your IP address, browser type and version, preferred language, geographic location, wireless or Bluetooth technology on your device, operating system and computer platform.
How We Protect Your Data
We take every reasonable precaution to protect your personal information (including information about your activities) from theft, unauthorised access and disruption of services. Our security controls are designed to maintain an appropriate level of data confidentiality, integrity, and availability. We regularly test our systems, and other assets for security vulnerabilities. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you willingly disclose online. Please note that we process and collect your personal information when you use our website, contact us electronically or complete a quotation or application form.
Accessing, Changing Or Removing Your Personal Information
You may ask us to access, change or remove your personal information from our records.
If you have any questions, or you want to update your personal information or preferences, please contact our Information Officer or any Deputy Information Officer on the details below:
Postnet Suite 108
Private Bag X3
19B Morris Street East
Woodmead Willows Office Park